PROUD 'an urban pacific street-soul compilation'
1. "In The Neighbourhood": Sisters Underground
2. "Tuesday Blues": Pacifican Descendants
3. "We R The O.M.C.": Otara Millionaires Club
4. "Bassed (sic) On A Lost Cause": Radio Backstab & DJ Payback
5. "Pass It Over": Pacifican Descendants
6. "Dawn Of The Eve": Di-Na-Ve
7. "One Too Many": Vocal Five
8. "I Don't Need You": Semi MC's
9. "Ain't It True": Sisters Underground
10. "Groove Me": Rhythm Harmony
11. "Trust Me": Semi MC's
12. "Prove Me Wrong": MC Slam
13. "Pacific Beats": Puka Puka
14. "God Defend New Zealand": Vocal Five
When i was 3rd form i remember kids from all over town walking, getting dropped off to the memorial hall because a big concert was in town (well big to us). People were everywhere making their way to the gig. There was a mean sense of excitement & all i knew was there were a bunch of polys from Auckland in town & they were rappers, singers & DJs. I remember sitting upstairs & the opening music came on & all these huge island dudes were standing on stage with machetes n shit n dudes were rapping all G'd up lol it was buzzy az! I think the song might've been Otara Millionaires Club 'We are the OMCs'. I remember thinking, "damn that beat is gangsta". As i think back to that night i can honestly say that it was inspirational in our lil bush town of Tokoroa. Especially for me. I don't know who the DJ was but they called him 'Chris' n thats all i know. He tore shit up that night & his performance made a huge impression on me. I use to listen to 'The Proud' compilation all the time. Especially Radio Backstabs verses over n over. Later in life i would learn that this MC was Ermehn. If you can get a hold of this cd i say get some! A true piece of history for real. Props to this dude.